Distances and information on getting to the Kruger Park
Drive yourself / Car Hire:
- Johannesburg/Gauteng/Pretoria – approximately 425 km to the southern gate.
- Durban - 750 km
- Cape Town - 1,800 km
- Bloemfontein - 800 km
- Port Elizabeth - 1,400 km
- Upington - 1,200 km
All roads leading to the Kruger Park are tarred and in excellent condition. There is no shortage of gas stations along the route which is very easy to follow with a map.
Car hire is available at the following airports:- KMIA, Hoedspruit and Phalaborwa, and at Skukuza Rest Camp.
Guests can rent cars through KrugerPark.com in conjunction with accommodation.
SAA Airlink flies daily to the Park.
There are three airports operating within the Kruger Park region.
- Hoedspruit Airport the central section.
- Phalaborwa Airport the northern section.
- KMIA, Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport services the southern region of the Park. SAA is the only airline that travels between Johannesburg and KMIA.
Flights into KMIA are only suitable for clients staying at southern camps and Sabi Sands.
No aircraft may land at Skukuza Airfield without prior permission from the Park Director. Daily charter flights can be arranged into Skukuza camp.
Flights from Johannesburg and Cape Town to KMIA depart daily, followed by a transfer via charter flight directly to your lodge, should that lodge have an airstrip. Try Federal Air or Nelair. Clients booking accommodation with us can request this service.
Mini Bus Transfers:
Airport transfers to the Park can be arranged by mini bus, we will automatically take care of this if you are on a tour.