Location: South Africa-->Kruger National Park-->Thornybush Nature Reserve
Accommodation Type: Lodge
Good For: Solo, Couple/Romantic, Family |
R3619 per person per night (min 3 nights stay) BOOK NOW
SAVING of R2371 (40% discount)
The normal rate at Shumbalala is R5990
Your package includes:
• Three nights stay in a suite
• Three meals daily
• Teas, coffees and snacks
• Dawn & dusk safaris in open game viewing vehicles
• Optional bushveld walks
• Sundowner drinks on game drives
Terms & Conditions:
Above offer is based on 3 nights accommodation
Special valid 01 November - 20 December 2014
Located directly adjacent to the world renowned Kruger National Park is Thornybush Nature Reserve - roughly 11,000 hectares, a private bush venue which specialises in romantic getaways, bush weddings and business retreats or indabas. With world class, state of the art facilities, and five star accommodation, Thornybush Nature Reserve is home to a series of gorgeous safari camp units, tented camps, and the eponymous Thornybush Game Lodge - a fantastic meeting place of unbelievable adventure and top notch accommodation and facilities.
Making its home in the savanna thicket of Acacia, Mopane and Umbrella Thorn trees so common to the Thornybush area, all gathering dust and lazy cats perched in trees, Shumbalala Game Lodge is a five star graded, exclusive facility. Accommodating small groups of guests at any one time, Shumbalala lodge has a proud legacy of pampering its visitors, and treating them to once-in-a-lifetime encounters with the wild. A magical outing into the savanna, not soon to be forgotten.
Accommodation at Shumbalala Lodge includes four superior thatched suites, all of which are complete with minibar, fireplaces, air-conditioning, overhead fans, mini safe, and indoor and outdoor showers, as well as private viewing decks. The exclusive presidential suite includes a private lounge and dining room, two bedrooms, private deck, air-conditioning and overhead fans, and indoor and outdoor shower facilities.
Thornybush Nature Reserve, located directly next to the Kruger National Park is home to many of the same species - servicing a huge wildlife spotting demand from its guests, including Big Five spotting, and more than sixty other species such as hyena and cheetah, antelope, zebra, giraffe, as well as more than 280 bird species for the avid watcher's delight.
• BY ROAD:
• Eastbound out of Johannesburg take the N4 to Witbank, bypass Middelburg and then turn left off the N4 to Belfast
• Proceed to Dullstroom and Lydenburg
• R36 to Ohrigstad and Strijdom Tunnel
• R531/R527 to and through Hoedspruit to junction
• Turn right, Klaserie direction
• After 6 km, turn left into Argyle Road and follow Thornybush signboards to Thornybush Nature Reserve
Please note: you will need to pay a gate entrance fee of R160 per vehicle and R40 per person. The entrance fee can only be confirmed at the time of making your reservation (Prices subject to change)
• BY AIR:
• South African Express Airways provide daily flights from Cape Town and Johannesburg to Hoedspruit (Eastgate airport).
• Please contact your local agent to confirm availability and flight times.
• Transfers between the reserve and Eastgate airport are booked by Thornybush for which there is an extra charge.
Special Rate min/max 3 nights
01 Nov 2014 - 20 Dec 2014
01 Jan 2014 - 31 Dec 2014
Included in Shumbalala's prices are accommodation, three meals served daily, coffees, teas and sundowners. Dawn and dusk safaris in open Land Rovers and bushveld walks.