Location: South Africa-->Kruger National Park-->Singita Sabi Sands
Accommodation Type: Lodge
Good For: Couple/Romantic, Family, Solo |
The Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve, extending over 153 00 acres, is part of the largest conservation area in South Africa, and is the oldest of all the private reserves. The reserve borders the Kruger National Park, and with no fences between them, the game moves freely through this vast natural reserve.
Sabi Sands is known for its superior safari lodges and Big Five sightings with the diverse habitats assuring a wide diversity of game. The luxurious Singita Boulders Lodge is carved out of the Earth, and inspired by the boulders on which it rests, harmonising perfectly with its surroundings. The stone and thatch lodge is set along the Sand River, blending seamlessly into the rocky landscape to create a restful and relaxing retreat. Vast expanses of glass walls create a sense of space and light, and assure guests of views of the wildlife filled landscape from all angles,
The beautifully appointed Boulders Lodge offers discerning guests the quintessential African safari, accompanied by flawless personalised service.
Singita Boulders will be closed over the following dates for refurbs: 22 April through to the 9 June 2014.
Singita Best of Both
Free Flights - Between Sabi Sand and Kruger
- Book a combination of 2 nights at Singita Boulders and 2 nights at one lodge in the Singita Kruger (Lebombo Lodge OR Sweni Lodge) and one flight per
person, between the lodges is included
- Minimum four nights stay
- Valid until 19 December 2014 excluding 16 December 2013 - 06 January 2014
Accommodation at the sophisticated Boulders Lodge is in twelve luxury suites. The spacious suites are located to ensure privacy and to maximise views through glass front-facing walls. The opulent suites feature king-sized beds with Egyptian cotton sheets and a sumptuous lounge area.
Each suite features a glass-fronted bathroom, with a huge ball-and-claw tub looking out over the wilderness, and both an indoor and outdoor shower.
All suites offer a double-sided fireplace and an elevated timber viewing deck with heated plunge pool.
The Sabi Sand region is one of the most prolific wildlife areas in the world. The region is famous for its big cat activity and leopard sightings are common. The area is home to the Big Five, and a huge diversity of other mammals. Night game drives reveal seldom seen nocturnal creatures, including hyena, Black-backed jackal, porcupine and the rare honey badger. Four endangered species can be sighted here – the Wild dog, Black rhino, ten bat species, and the Ground hornbill.
With more than 300 bird species on its list, Sabi Sands is a great birding destination. Notable species include the Bateleur eagle, Black-bellied bustard, Burchell’s coucal, Shelly’s francolin, Red-billed oxpecker and Knob-billed duck. Other specialties include the Black-crowned night heron, Emerald cuckoo, Purple heron, and Verreaux’s eagle owl.
• Malaria occurs in the far Northeast of South Africa including the Kruger National Park, right through the year.
• Malaria prophylaxis is recommended for all travellers to the far Northeast of South Africa icluding the Kruger National Park.
• The lodge welcomes children of all ages.
• Baby-sitting services are available and the staff will tailor-make activities to suit each family.
• Children under the age of 18 pay 50% of the rack rate if sharing a room with an adult.
• Families of four or more with children under the age of 10 are guaranteed a private Land Rover at no extra cost.
• Rates include all meals and drinks (excluding French Champagne), road transfers, and standard safari activities.
• BY ROAD:
Recommended route from Johannesburg:
• N12/N4 to Nelspruit.
• R40 from Nelspruit to Hazyview.
• R536 from Hazyview towards Paul Kruger gate.
• After 36 km, pass Lisbon Store, then turn left onto gravel road.
• Pay R160 per vehicle (ZAR) for vehicle entrance fee and R40 per person (subject to change). The entrance fee can only be confirmed at the time of making your reservation.
• Enter Sabi Sand Reserve at Shaw's Gate. Follow Singita signs to lodge (approximately 28 km).
• BY AIR:
• Federal Air offers a daily return flight direct to Singita Sabi Sand from Johannesburg’s O.R. Tambo International Airport.
• There are daily scheduled flights currently operated by SA Airlink into Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (KMIA), situated between Nelspruit and White River.
• Federal Air provides air transfers to and from KMIA and Singita Sabi Sand.
• Download Federal Air's flight schedules and rates for further details.
• Private air charters are also available, on request.
• Pilots are advised to broadcast their intentions on frequency 124.8 MHz.
• Runway: 01/19
• Transfers to lodge are available
GPS: -24.786400 (latitude) and 31.423800 (longitude)
| 01 Jan 2014 - 31 Dec 2014|
|$ 1354||$ 1693|
Price includes all meals and beverages, premium wines, spirits and liqueurs; private guest house, host, chef and house staff; gaming drives in open Land Rover, walking safaris, mountain biking safaris accompanied by experienced guides and trackers, private tennis court, return road transfers between the Singita airstrip and the lodge and laundry service.