Location: South Africa-->Kruger National Park-->Ulusaba Game Reserve
Accommodation Type: Lodge
Comfort Level: Luxury
Good For: Solo, Couple/Romantic, Family |
Ulusaba Game Reserve - safari home of world famous Sir Richard Branson, as well as home to an extensive and exciting collection of birds, mammals, reptiles, and African flora of the type only found in this vegetation-rich area.
Decked out with world class equipment and facilities, guests have a lodge of the highest quality at their disposal. Get back from an exciting drive out in the dusty air adjacent to the Kruger National Park and enjoy being pampered at one of the reserve's fabulous health spas, or bound around a tennis court in the sepia glow of the setting sun.
Constructed high above a slope of vegetation descending off into the surrounding park, Rock Lodge enjoys a view second to none anywhere. From atop its perch in the park, Rock lodge commands ten unique suites, designed in the colours of various African tribes. From the decor, the individualism of this lodge stretches out into the service, facilities, and special attention during the daily game drives.
Ulusaba Rock Lodge offers accommodation in a choice of its two Makwela Suites, four Rock Cliff Rooms, and the split level Master Suite.
Also on offer is the popular Rock Suite, with en-suite bathrooms. All the suites are air conditioned, include tea and coffee making facilities, as well as a mini bar.
Guests hoping to spot wildlife in between enjoying the luxury accommodation of Ulusaba are in for a treat, as this are is home to the Big Five, cheetah, wild dogs, more passive wildlife such as the leopard tortoise and ant lion, a host of brightly coloured and fantastic birds.
• Children of all ages are accommodated at Ulusaba Rock Lodge. Children lodging here must be accompanied at all times.
• From five years and under, children are not permitted on game viewing activities, and children younger than twelve are barred from bush walks.
• Between the age of six and twelve, and sharing with one adult, children are charged R 2,000 per night on top of the adult single rate.
• These children, in their own room, are charged the Adult Single Occupancy Rate, and two or more children in their own room pay the Adult Single Occupancy Rate for the first child, as well as R 2,000 per child per night for each additional child.
• Malaria occurs in the far Northeast of South Africa including the Kruger National Park, right through the year.
• Malaria prophylaxis is recommended for all travellers to the far Northeast of South Africa icluding the Kruger National Park.
• Not included are road or air transfers, as well as airport taxes, car hire, telephone facilities, or beauty treatments at the Aroma Boma salon.
• BY AIR:
• O R Tambo Johannesburg International - Hoedspruit
• Cape Town International - Hoedspruit
• CHARTER FLIGHTS:
• Private charters on request
• Helicopter transfers on request
• Transfers to lodge are available
• BY ROAD:
• Take the N4 / N12 to Nelspruit
• Follow the R40 from Nelspruit through White River to Hazyview
• As you approach Hazyview there is a T-junction
• Turn left at this junction
• This road will take you into Hazyview Town
• Carry on straight through the first set of traffic lights
• At the intersection with the second set of traffic lights, there will be a signpost that reads Paul Kruger Gate
• At this signpost, turn right. This road is the R536.
• After 32km you will see a signpost for Ulusaba on your left
• Follow the gravel road and signposts for Ulusaba to Newington Gate, which is where you will enter the Sabi Sand Reserve
• You will pay an entrance fee of R160 per vehicle and R40 per person. Entrance fee can only be confirmed at the time of making your reservation (Prices subject to change)
• Once through Newington Gate, follow all signposts to Ulusaba
• You will travel for approximately 17km after entering Newington Gate
GPS: -24.7924 (latitude), 31.3687 (longitude)